It’s extremely frustrating to lose your personal information when you own a smartphone, especially when you update it often. Anyone who has updated their mobile phone several times have experienced this. It’s a great habit to frequently back up your information to the cloud because this allows you to retrieve it in the event that something similar to the one that just occurred to you happens in the near future. Learn how to backup to the cloud on your Samsung phone.
This guide will help you to backup all the information that is stored within the Samsung phone. This includes movies, photos messages, contacts music, documents, notes and a variety of other information. You’ll need a Samsung account as well as an Microsoft account to be able to finish this process. Both accounts are necessary. Let’s get started.
What is Samsung Cloud?
Samsung Cloud Samsung Cloud is cloud backup service which allows users to backup their phone as well as other data on Samsung servers. The service allows users to store their files on the cloud. It’s possible to backup all kinds of data on your device, including your contact list and texts messages, call logs and programs, as well as your the home screen, calendar and even your clock.
It was once that all data could be saved through Samsung Cloud but, in 2021, Samsung Cloud pulled its support for Gallery Sync along with My Files from the cloud storage service. Since that time, Samsung Cloud has been in a position to not backup any of the data.
This means that Samsung Cloud will no longer be able to backup your videos, photos as well as documents within your smartphone. Instead, you will need to make use of Microsoft OneDrive to accomplish what you’re looking for. In most cases, Samsung Cloud will not save anything else than minimal data.
Let’s take a look at how you can backup all the data in the Samsung smartphone now you’ve got background information.How do you backup your Samsung Phone
How to Backup the information on your Samsung accounts using Your Galaxy Phone
- If you decide to decide to use Samsung Internet rather than Google Chrome as the default browser on your Android device. In that scenario you’ll have to backup the browser separately from the app in order to save your bookmarks, pages that you’ve stored, tabs open and shortcuts, for quick access. This is how you go about accomplishing this:
- Start your Samsung Internet app, and then choose More from the menu which appears in the toolbar.
- Click on the Settings menu, then choose Sync using Samsung Cloud in the dropdown menu. Then, click the Sync now button, and allow the process to be completed.
- If you prefer Samsung apps over apps offered by Google the procedure for creating backups is identical for all.
How to Back Up Your Samsung phone’s Documents and Files into Microsoft OneDrive
We’ve now covered how to backup your Gallery materials (including videos, images as well as GIFs) and then look at the way you backup your data (docs sheets, slides, documents pdfs, audio files and more.). You’ll require to have a Microsoft account for this. If you don’t have one, then start by creating it.
Remember that the longer it’ll take you to backup your entire data the greater amount of data you will have. You can access five gigabytes in storage when you sign up for the free plan offered by Microsoft OneDrive. Then, you’ll be able to upgrade to a premium account if you notice that you upload many videos and images with high-resolution.
Guide to Backup your Samsung Phone Gallery Content
- Launch with the Samsung Gallery app, then select hamburger located in the upper left corner.
- Click to continue after you have selected Settings and Sync With OneDrive on the main menu.
- Once you have signed in to the account on your Microsoft account and connected with your Samsung account by clicking connect button move on to accept the button.
- Press Next when the accounts are connected successfully.
- You may be offered the option of selecting a OneDrive service. Click the icon that says “Close,” and then select “Stay basic” from the menu.
- After you’ve completed setting up the settings for your Microsoft account and you have succeeded in connecting it with the Samsung Cloud, tap the Done button.
- Once you’ve done that After that, you’ll be directed to the settings page for your Gallery. In the next step, make sure that the switch marked “Sync to OneDrive” is in the “on” position.
- Press the Sync OneDrive button to open additional options. If you aren’t seeing your photos sync to OneDrive immediately You can force the sync by clicking the Sync now button. You can also select the albums you’d like to sync, and which you prefer to not sync when doing the same.
Step-by-Step Guide for backing up your Samsung Phone’s Data
- Start The Samsung My Files app, and then choose OneDrive from the available storage options. Log in.
- Click Yes once you’ve successfully signed into the Microsoft account. Now you can save your files to OneDrive It is a cloud-based storage service. Copy or move all your data from storage of your phone to an SD cards or your internal storage, and later upload the files to OneDrive.
- Go to OneDrive on the main page to see all the files that were moved and then click the menu by clicking three dots, and choose”Sync” from the menu dropdown.
- Take a look at our instructional guide on how to backup the phone with Google services, if you’d rather utilize Google Drive as well as Google Photos rather than Microsoft OneDrive. This tutorial will help you understand how to backup the content on your phone.
MobileTrans Walkthrough: Make an Backup of Your Samsung Device Your Computer
MobileTrans from Wondershare can be, with no doubt, the easiest solution to back up your Samsung tablet or smartphone directly to your computer. You can backup everything on your device to your PC in just a single click, and then utilize MobileTrans for retrieval at any time you require it.
- It is able to backup eight types of data, which include audio, contacts videos, images (Gallery) messages, calendars calls logs, calendars, and the application data.
- You can choose to backing up all the data stored on your Samsung phone or choose different kinds of data you would like to preserve.
- Instead of overwriting backups stored on the device, the app has the ability to create multiple copies of them.
- Later on, you will be able to download this backup to the same device by using MobileTrans — Restore.
- MobileTrans Backup can download for no cost, and requires minimal technical expertise to use it, and doesn’t call the root for access.
Making use of MobileTrans to backup the data stored on the back of your Samsung device to your PC requires a few easy steps that are described in this article to make it easier for you.
Step 1: Launch the application, and ensure that your device is connected
In the beginning, you’ll must first download and install MobileTrans Backup to your computer. Then, utilize the software whenever you require backing up the data on your Samsung phone to your computer. Set up a connection between the Samsung device and your PC via the USB cable, then select the “Backup and Restore” option in MobileTrans once you’ve completed this.
Step 2. Choose the various types of data you’d like to keep
MobileTrans: Backup will detect snapshots when the device you are using is connected to it. Additionally, it will display an array of types of data can be included in the backup folder. For backing up to your Samsung phone, select the data you wish to save and click”Start.
Step 3: Ensure that the backup process is complete
Since MobileTrans – Back can save your data, all you have to do is wait some time, and during the time, don’t unplug your phone. The Samsung phone can be unplugged from the computer with no risk after the process has been completed.
What is the Best Way to restore data on your device
After you have successfully backed up your data The following step will be to figure out what you can do to recover it. If you switch to the same device and upgrade it to brand new Samsung phone the process of recovering information will be easy and takes less time.
Then, go into Settings>Accounts, and then backup, restore data and select your phone in your drop-down list. It is the first thing to do: sign into the account you have created with your Samsung account. You will be able to view all the data saved to the Samsung Cloud. For the process to begin click to the Restore button. It is possible to select the option to install backup apps on the new phone and if yes, click Install.
That’s it for now! Take your time and let the process take its course. If you decide to change phones to a different brand, you’ll be able to access the information that was stored on your prior Samsung device. To do this, open your browser on the internet and log in into the Samsung Cloud account.
A Different Method of Data Backup using Samsung Smart Switch Samsung Smart Switch
Do not fret if all of this sounds too complex and seems like too much for you to manage. A simpler method can be found to transfer all your information from an older device to a newer one. Enter Samsung Smart Switch. This is an application that Samsung developed for data transfer , which allows you to import your data as easy and speedy as it is.
The software can be found within the app drawer on your Samsung phone or go through Settings > Accounts, and then backup and then bring information from previous devices using Smart Switch. The application is pre-installed across every Samsung phones. It is available to download through Google Play Store. Google Play Store for free on phones that aren’t Samsung models. The app is able to transfer data between mobile phones that run Android, iOS, and Windows.
If you are switching to a brand new smartphone, it’s very common for users to fail to backup important information to the cloud. If they have to do the factory reset in order to resolve an issue with the device, they might lose their data since they did not make backups prior to resetting the device back to default settings.
You are now able to pick the approach that will work best to backup Samsung phones since you’re aware of three choices. If you want to save to back up your Samsung smartphone to cloud-based storage service, you can choose to do so making use of one of the three options: Google Drive or Samsung Cloud.
However, MobileTrans – Backup is the best program to go for if you wish to backup your Samsung phone to your computer in a relatively short time. The procedure of backing up your phone can be made simpler by using apps like Samsung Cloud along with Samsung Cloud and the OneDrive connection that Samsung provides. We strongly recommend making use of these tools to help you with maintaining the security of your data, apps and settings all the time.
You can access the backups on your device. It is possible to create backups of your data as well as free up memory on your Samsung smartphone using Samsung Cloud Samsung Cloud, which is a cloud-based storage solution which allows you to store music, apps and other files accessible online on any device. It is also possible to use Samsung Cloud to free up the local data storage on the smartphone.
Choose Restore information from the menu that is displayed at the Samsung Cloud screen of your mobile device. Click the storage device which includes backups you want to erase. Choose Delete backups from the menu that appears when you press the More options button (it appears as 3 vertical dots). From there you will be able to select the type of file–contacts Clock, Contacts, etc. on, that you would like to erase.
If you’ve enabled the automatic backup function turned on through Samsung Cloud, your data will be automatically backed up each day for 24 hours as long as your gadget is connected to both a charge source and a Wi-Fi connection. Also, the screen should be shut off for at minimum one hour.