Many of you may not be aware of the use of AirDrop, and maybe you are a new user of the iPhone or MAC. So, Knowing about AirDrop on MAC may be helpful to all. So, here you can know about it. Suppose you are going with your friends for an outing and have clicked too many pictures and as it is always gonna happen you need to share them.
So, if your friends also have iPhone or MAC, then instead of using Whatsapp, Telegram; you can use AirDrop to share photos, videos, and your locations wirelessly by turning on your AirDrop. On AirDrop, you can send limitless pictures or anything to another MAC user, which is helpful because it eases your task of selecting limited photos again and again.
AirDrop is an efficient feature that enables MAC users to send and receive large files of whatever type. So, if you have understood clearly, then you can use it and check how it works. For any other query related to it, you can continue to read this article, and you might find it useful.
- 1 How to turn on AirDrop on MAC?
- 2 If AirDrop is not working on MAC?
- 3 Where do AirDrop files go on MAC?
- 4 How to receive AirDrop on MAC?
- 5 How do you find out who AirDropped you?
- 6 When you AirDrop images from iPhone to MAC, where does it go?
- 7 How do I activate AirDrop on my iPhone?
- 8 How to AirDrop photos from my iPhone?
- 9 How to AirDrop a link?
- 10 Conclusion
- 11 FAQs
How to turn on AirDrop on MAC?
If you do not know how to use AirDrop. So, here you can get all the information and can follow the steps to turn on AirDrop on MAC:
- Open your MAC.
- Open the document that you are required to share.
- Then click on the Share button in your display.
- You can also try another way by clicking on the File in Finder.
- After that, select the document to share from the shortcut menu.
- Now you are required to select a recipient from the AirDrop menu with whom you want to share.
If this is not clear to you or you might find it difficult, then don’t worry. There is also an alternate method available to use AirDrop. Follow these simple steps:
- Choose AirDrop in the Finder of your MAC which can be present in the Sidebar.
- You can also select Go, and after that, tap on AirDrop.
- After that, AirDrop will display the nearby users.
- Select the photos files, and drag them to the recipient with whom you want to share.
So, you can try these methods for accessing AirDrop on Mac, and they might be useful to you.
If AirDrop is not working on MAC?
Conditions for devices to make the connection with another AirDrop :
It can be one of the reasons that your AirDrop is not working that it’s not fulfilling the requirement for a connection. Devices from both sides should be within 9 meters of each other and should have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled on their device.
Settings need an adjustment on MAC. So, simply perform the following steps:
- Open your Finder on MAC.
- After that, select AirDrop from the Sidebar, and if it is not visible there, then use a shortcut by keyboard shift -R to open the AirDrop.
- After that, click the setting and enable your device to be discovered by Everyone. So simply select Everyone from the menu.
This will help you to solve your issue if your AirDrop is not working on MAC.
Where do AirDrop files go on MAC?
Some of you are wondering about where all the AirDrop files go on MAC. So, stop wondering because we can tell you exactly where your AirDrop files are accessible to you on your device.
Whenever someone has shared something with you, such as photos, documents, videos, etc., and on receiving it by default goes to your downloads folder present on MAC. Even just recently shared files can also be seen in the downloads folder. In short words, the downloads folder contains all received files, and then it is on you further that you want to copy it to another location in your MAC. In iPhone and iPad, these AirDrop files go on the place according to their file type like photos will go to the gallery, contacts will get saved in iPhone contacts. We have also written a benefecial tutorial on iPhone recovery mode. Feel free to check this one.
Thereby, I expect all your doubts will be clear after reading the above para that how can you access your saved files of AirDrop on Mac.
How to receive AirDrop on MAC?
For receiving AirDrop requests, sometimes you need to do settings. Maybe many of you have faced the fact that you are not receiving the AirDrop requests.
These steps you can follow:
- Select Go in the finder present in the Sidebar.
- After that, click on AirDrop.
- You need to check the setting in AirDrop that it is allowing your device to be discoverable.
- In case you are only enabled to receive from your contacts only, then both devices need to be signed in iCloud, and their mobile number with the sender’s MAC ID will be in the Contacts of the receiving MAC.
After performing the above steps, you will be able to manage the requests of AirDrop on Mac.
How do you find out who AirDropped you?
When someone wants to share any file with you, so if you have enabled your AirDrop on Mac and another device has tapped on your device to be shared, then you will always get a purview to accept the request from another device or can decline the requests if it is not known to you.
There is one more thing that might be helpful for you when you want to send a document to a person. If that person is saved in your contact list, then it will appear as with an image and name of that person, and if that person’s number is not on your contact list, it will appear without an image; the only name will be there.
By this, you will always know for whom you are getting the shared document and to whom you are AirDropping.
When you AirDrop images from iPhone to MAC, where does it go?
Well, in the case of iPhone to MAC, it goes to your downloads folder in MAC, where other files will also be visible to you that was earlier shared via AirDrop. And if you do not know how to find the downloads folder, then simply perform these steps:
- Open your MAC.
- Open a Finder window.
- There you can click on Go.
- After that there, click on Downloads, so you can now see all files.
How do I activate AirDrop on my iPhone?
If you wish to enable your AirDrop of iPhone. You are just required to follow these steps given below:
- On your iPhone s’ Home screen, open the Settings.
- After settings open General.
- There click on AirDrop.
If required, then you can do some settings also:
- AirDrop turned off for receiving requests. You can also enable it to want to receive.
- You can change your settings from AirDrop discoverable to only contacts or Everyone.
After performing the procedure mentioned, I am sure you can activate your AirDrop successfully.
How to AirDrop photos from my iPhone?
It is a very easy task, just requires a few steps:
- First, check your Bluetooth and wi-fi connection. if they are turned off, then turn them on
- Turn your AirDrop on both devices.
- Tap on photos that you want to share.
- Tap on the AirDrop button.
- After that, a notification will come to another phone for receiving it. Simply tap on Accept.
This is all about AirDropping photos from one iPhone to another.
This is also an easy task as it has the same procedure as you share any other file or document.
- Select the link you want to share and tap on the share icon.
- After that, go to AirDrop and select that
- Select the person to whom you want to send the link.
- After selecting if the receiver accepts your request, your link will AirDrop to another person, and he/she will receive a link.
So, if you are not using this amazing feature of AirDrop on Mac as a MAC user, you should start and make your sharing process easier. And if you find any difficulty, you can go through our article once again for more clarity. Thanks for giving us your time and reading this article.
When we want to transfer some files from phone to MAC, there is a required condition to turn on your Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, and your phone and Mac should be in the range of 9 meters. In case your AirDrop is not working, then simply turn off your Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, and after some time, try it again by turning on both. You can also try to find in Settings of your iPhone whether you have enabled your device as discoverable by Everyone or not.
The above settings will surely help you to solve your issue.
Well, according to some researchers, Keeping AirDrop on Mac unnecessary can have some security issues as AirDrop lets you share any document, file, video, photos with another person against their mobile number and email address. Keeping it on every time can lead hackers to do some scam if they are nearby your device. It is also true that MAC ensures safety with cryptography, but for some, it can be easy to crack that cryptography, so one should disable it when they are not using AirDrop.
But there is nothing to worry about too much, but for some reason, you should always maintain your privacy.
Recently, no such feature is residing to show the AirDrop history. So, unfortunately, you cannot see the history of shared files by AirDrop on Mac.
As we read that, in MAC, the AirDropped files go directly to the downloads folder, but in iPhone, these files go to their location according to their associated type. For example: If your friend has shared the images with you via AirDrop on Mac, then those images will directly go to your image gallery, same with videos, they will go to a location where other videos are residing in your iPhone.So, I hope this is clear to you.
I hope you have read this article. In this article, we learned that AirDropped files go directly to the download folder on MAC. Whatever kind of file you AirDropped in MAC, it always resides in the downloads folder, unlike your iPhone. What if someone wishes to change the directory for AirDrop files. I think many of you wish to do that, but actually, the AirDrop files system is an embedded system in MAC, and you cannot change this setting. As we can download files on our particular directory but in AirDrop, these files will always go to the downloads directory.