Do you want you to link the PS4 Dual Shock 4 Controller to your iOS devices? This is the perfect spot. We’ll walk you through the steps to assist you to connect your PS4 controller with iPhone or an iPad. In the modern, fast-paced, busy life, people are more likely to enjoy playing video games during their spare time. Video games are now more accessible to commercial buyers due to they were released following the Digital Big Bang and the growth of mobile phones industry. Certain of the most loved games are now being ported to mobile devices running platforms like iOS and Android Some of the most popular are PUBG, Fortnite, Devil May Cry, Call of Duty and even Apex Legends, which is said to launch at sometime this year.
With so many games to choose from, gamers who normally play games on consoles, as well as gaming PCs tend to enjoy these games because of the ease of use and portability of phones. They also prefer using their traditional controllers to play instead of using touchscreens. They love the sensation of adrenaline-pumping buttons on their controllers whenever the scenario of leading their team in the last circle arrives.
This is a step-by-step guide for those who wish to connect their PS4 DualShock 4 Controller to their iPhone or iPad.How to connect PS4 controller with iPhone?
Compatible with Controllers
iOS devices that work with Dual Shock 4 Controllers. to allow you to connect PS4 controllers with iPhone:
Some devices are not capable of using this incredible feature that is provided by the controller. A lot older iPhones and iPads aren’t equipped to use this feature, since the feature relies on the Bluetooth 5.0 from the Dual Shock controller to connect it to your iPhone or iPad. This feature is restricted to the latest generation of iOS devices that run iOS 13 or iPad OS 13 or later versions of these operating systems.
Supported iPhone List
All iPhone devices that are compatible with this feature include:
iPhone 6, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE (First Generation), iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE (2nd Generation), iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 pro max, iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 pro max and later.
Supported iPad List
All iPad devices that can support this feature include:
iPad Air 2, iPad Air (3rd Generation), iPad Air (4th Generation), iPad Air (5th Generation), iPad Air (6th Generation), iPad Air (7th Generation), iPad Mini 4, iPad Mini (5th Generation), iPad Pro 9.7 inch, iPad Pro 10.5 inch, iPad Pro 11 inch 2018 (first generation), iPad Pro 11 inch 2020 (second generation), iPad Pro 12.9 inch 2015 (first generation), iPad Pro 12.9 inch 2017 (second generation), iPad Pro 12.9 inch 2018 (third generation), iPad Pro 12.9 inch 2020 (fourth generation).
How do I connect my PS4 controllers to iPhone?
Methods for connecting the Dual Shock 4 Controller to your iPhone or iPad via Bluetooth 5.0 :
Let’s now learn how we can connect the Dual Shock 4 Controller to your iPhone or iPad by using Bluetooth 5.0. Before beginning, ensure the condition of you’re Dual Shock 4 Controller has enough power as well as is prepared to connect to your device.
To begin, follow the following steps:
1. Switch off the Bluetooth pairing mode of your Dual Shock 4 Wireless controller’s Bluetooth pairing mode.
Before connecting the controller to your iPhone or iPad you must enable the Bluetooth 5.0 connection mode. For this, follow these steps: Connect PS4 controller to iPhone
Image with the PS button as well as share button.
- Press the Play Station button or PS button on the bottom on the Dual Shock 4 Controller under the trackpad that is between two analog sticks.
- While simultaneously pressing simultaneously using the PS button, press use the Share button on the left-hand side of the Controller is located next to buttons for direction will be pressed for approximately 10 seconds. This will trigger the dual Shock controller’s Active Bluetooth Pairing mode.
- The light that is in the background of the Dual Shock 4 Controller will begin flashing when that Controller’s Active Bluetooth pairing mode is enabled.
Step 2. Join to the PS4 Dual Shock 4 Wireless Controller to your iPhone or iPad by using Bluetooth:
In order to begin pairing of you iPhone or iPad and the Dual Shock 4 Wireless Controller you must do these steps in the settings of your iPhone and iPad:
The fastest method to use:
- If you have an iPhone or iPad You must open the Control Center by sliding it either up or down, as per the display of your Apple device. in the case of an older generation iPhone or iPad it’s Control Center that can be open by sliding it up when it’s a model that’s newer. it’s opened by sliding it upwards to downwards.
- Hold and press the Bluetooth button located on the left hand side, near the network options, close to the Wi-fi . After that, you’ll be presented with a pop-up which lists all of the searchable Bluetooth devices. This will allow you to locate the Controller you’re seeking.
- In that pop-up look on that Dual Shock 4 Wireless Controller and then press it. After that, your controller will be linked to your iPhone and iPad.
If, for any reason, you can’t find your Dual Shock Wireless Controller in the Bluetooth Options you can follow these steps to find an alternative that is less convenient, but still efficient solution:
Images that show the location of the Controller.
- Check the settings of the settings of your iPhone and iPad.
- Visit in the Bluetooth section, flip on the Bluetooth toggle switch to on when it’s not switched off by default, and check whether it’s showing green.
- Click on”Other devices” of the Bluetooth panel. Check whether there’s an option for the “Dual Shock 4 Bluetooth Wireless Controller” and click it.
- The backlight of the Dual Shock Controller should turn into a shade of reddish-pink and this indicates the fact that the Dual Shock Wireless Bluetooth Controller is now connected.
You’re doing great if you follow these steps, and you’ll be able join the Dual Shock 4 Wireless Controller to your iPhone or iPad.
Playing using Dual Shock 4 Controller in iPhone
When you connect your mobile device with iPhone or iPad you will be able to play any game that has controller-supported gameplay. Then, you can play immediately. If there is a need present, you can use the Octopus app to control the game’s gameplay components and buttons directly from your smartphone.
You can connect you Dual Shock 4 Wireless Controller to stream games played on your PS4 onto your phone’s screen using Wi-Fi. It also includes PS4 Remote Play, the PS4 Remote Play app that is available on App Store.
The majority of the games listed below work with Dual Shock. Dual Shock Enabled Play on iOS devices, such as iPad and iPhone:
- Asphalt 8: Airborne.
- Call of Duty
- Asphalt 9
- NFS Most Wanted
- Gangster New Orleans
- It’s Full of Sparks.
- Jetpack Joyride.
- Xeno work.
- Flipping Legend.
- Life Is Strange.
- Chronology – Deluxe Edition.
- Gangster Vegas
Unplug Dual Shock 4 Controller from iPhone
I hope you enjoyed your time while playing with your controller. What? Do you want to unplug the device now. But don’t worry, we have your back. We’ll walk you through the steps to disconnect from your Dual Shock 4 Wireless Bluetooth Controller from your iPad or iPhone.
Follow these steps to unplug the Dual Shock 4 Wireless Bluetooth Controller from your iPad or iPhone:
- If you have an iPhone or iPad You must access your Control Center by sliding it either up or down according to the screen of your Apple device, in the case of an older generation iPhone or iPad it’s Control Center which can be open by turning it upside down when it’s a model that’s newer. it’s opened by sliding it upwards to downwards.
- Hold and press the Bluetooth button on the left side next to the available network options, besides Wi-fi. Once you do that, you’ll receive an alert that displays all of the available Bluetooth devices. By using this method, you will be able to locate the Controller you’re searching for.
- In that pop-up you can search in the search bar for Dual Shock 4 Wireless Controller and press it . Once you press it, your Controller will disconnect from the iPhone and iPad.
If you can’t find your Dual Shock Wireless Controller in the Bluetooth Options you can follow these steps to get an alternative, less efficient but more efficient method:
- Check the settings of the settings of your iPhone and iPad.
- Click on The Bluetooth section, turn to turn the Bluetooth toggle switch to on when it’s not switched off by default, and check whether it’s green.
- If you go to”Other devices” on the Bluetooth panel. Check there the “Dual Shock 4 Bluetooth Wireless Controller” and then click it.
- The backlight of the back of your Dual Shock Controller should turn into a white flashing color it will indicate that the Dual Shock 4 Wireless Bluetooth Controller is now disconnected and returning to the active Dual Shock 4 pairing mode.
You’re doing great by following these steps, you are now capable of successfully disconnecting from your Dual Shock 4 Wireless Controller to your iPhone or iPad.
How to Reconnect Dual Shock 4 to PS4:
To connect the Dual Shock 4 Wireless Controller to your PS4 Follow these steps
- Connect a micro-USB type USB cable on Your Dual Shock 4 Controller.
- Attach the second end of the cable to the PS4
- Turn On the PS4
- On the splash screen, press the PS button in the middle of your controller.
- Remove the Wire.
The Dual Shock 4 Wireless Controller is now linked to the Play Station 4.
Limitations of the use of Dual Shock 4 with iPhone
Certain limitations apply making use of the Dual Shock 4 Wireless Controller using an iPhone as well as iPad, namely:
- It isn’t possible to use the audio connector to listen to game’s audio, and this could be an issue if you are using an audio set with multiple audio channels.
- Additionally, you are not able to connect to external Bluetooth headphones making use of Dual Shock 4 Wireless controller. Dual Shock 4 Wireless controller.
- A lot of Dual Shock 4 buttons will not work as well as that Share button the Track Pad and other buttons like the Play Station Button and the PS Button.
How do I solve PS4 controller not connecting to iPhone
Troubleshooting Issues you might encounter while connecting your controller. If you encounter any other issues in your game using you controller Apple suggests trying the below solutions:
- Unpair your device and pair it with to your Dual Shock 4 Wireless Controller again.
- If the dual shock controller you have connected is to an iPhone or iPad but you are unable to connect, or you get it displays the message is “connection unsuccessful”, try pressing the play station or PS button, and then watch for the device to make connected.
- Check to ensure that not more than one device are connected at the same time because this could cause problems.
We hope that you find this article helpful. Below are some answers to your questions for those who are still having issues connecting your controller. Until next time, keep Gaming!
I’m unable to join my Controller to my iOS devices?
First, check if your iOS gadget is compatible Dual Shock 4 Controller. Make sure that the iOS device is listed in the list above that includes compatible Apple devices that are able to be connected directly to PS4 Controller.
My phone is listed in the list of compatible devices above however it isn’t able to connect to PS4?
Make sure your gadget is updated to the most recent iOS software. To connect to the PS4 Controller, you need to be running iOS Version 13 or higher. If your device is running older versions than iOS13 and you want to update it, you must do so. device’s software.
My device runs iOS13 but it’s disconnected from PS4?
Here are a few suggestions you can make. One of these options can help.
1. Enable the Bluetooth by switching off and turning on the Bluetooth toggle on your iOS device, and then attempt to connect your device to Controller.
2. Restart your iOS device. Press the power button and lower volume button together. you’ll be able to see an off-slider. Then slide through your iPhone to turn off the power and then hold the power button in order to power it back up. it. Reconnect it and try again.
3. Hard reset your controller, move your controller to its backside, and you will see a tiny hole beneath that L2 button. Utilize the Sim card ejector to reset the Dual Shock to factory settings. This will solve the issue.