Want to remove Siri from recording your data? Want to stop Siri to personalize with certain apps and limiting its suggestions? Click here to find out how you can stop/disable or even how to delete Siri suggestions and using your data.
Artificial Intelligence is an inevitable future. Our modern life is already controlled by a set of codes and algorithms, don’t believe us? Think about it. What do you do when you wake up? Most of us check our phones to check if there are any new messages or news that we need to know about. When we are tired and laid back, we use social media apps to check out what our friends are doing right now. On the way to going to work, we use navigation AI like Google Maps or Apple’s Map app.
We are surrounded by technology; it is not necessarily a bad thing. It makes our life easier, after all that is the point of having technology, right? But they also have control over our data and that is something that could be exploited in the wrong hands. Any company can sell our private data for value. As the saying goes” If you are not paying for it, you are the product”.
Multi-national companies have dished out their assistants for home care. Some of the most popular personal assistants are Amazon’s Alexa, Google’s Assistant, and Apple’s Siri. Siri is available on all Apple smart products, whether it is iPhones, iPads, Macs or even Apple watches. She has a very resourceful feature of personalizing your apps according to your routine and data.
This feature is called Siri Suggestions. Apple claims that all the data Siri stores or uses are encrypted and is not used by the company. But do you trust Apple enough? Fortunately, Apple does not force this feature on you, and you are free to disable this setting. But should you? Or how will you? Let’s see the details.
- 1 What are Siri’s Suggestions?
- 2 How to delete Siri suggestions
- 3 How to disable Siri Suggestions in iOS 15.
- 4 How to disable Siri Suggestions in iOS 12 to iOS 14.
- 5 How to disable Siri Suggestions in individual apps.
- 6 How to disable Siri Suggestions learning from App Clips.
- 7 Conclusion:
- 8 FAQs:
What are Siri’s Suggestions?
Siri is the personal assistant on your iPhone. It can search content online, do simple tasks, and even be taught to learn customized commands to do specific tasks. But this is not all she is also capable of learning patterns and routines of your daily lifestyle. What are you interested in? When do you wake up? What are your favorite places to attend? She creates a framework of your likes and dislikes. By using this data, it gives out personalized suggestions to your workflow and can carry out simple tasks. This is called Siri Suggestions.
Siri makes notes of how you use your apps and makes suggestions based on them. Siri can learn about your daily activities and even update these suggestions to all other Apple products that you might have with the same Apple Id. Which in general means that it can learn something about your lifestyle on one device and transmit the same information to any other device connected with the same Apple Id. This might help in greater personalization of your workflow and in saving your time.
What can Siri Suggestions do?
Siri suggestions use your daily routine as a learning point and use it to personalize your iPhone by giving out certain suggestions or doing small tasks. According to Apple, the following are some of the tasks that can be performed by Siri:
- Look at the Lock Screen to activate a search. You will get them based on your routine and get them according to the time of the day.
- Siri can create emails and events for you according to your calendar. It can also provide some suggestions by notifying the people in the event.
- By using your email data, Siri can personalize and identify unknown callers that are calling on your iPhone.
- Siri can block spam calls on iPhone.
- Siri can administer traffic conditions and provide accurate suggestions in case you have an event scheduled for in the calendar.
- Auto-Text is a feature Siri uses while searching or while you enter text where it will automatically fill the entries as previously searched terms or messages.
- Automatic updates iPhone.
- Siri can automatically calculate timings and make estimations of how much time it will take you to reach your destination.
- Also, Siri can automatically search popular searches from the search field as you type.
- Plus, Siri asks you to make calendar events when you book flights or shows automatically.
- Siri finds topics that you are interested in reading and display them onto your news app.
- It can silence Notification on iPhone.
Is my data protected and should I use Siri Suggestions?
Apple says that your personal information and private data are stored as an encrypted file and are not kept by the company. It is not used or sold by the company. Apple is known for its strict data policy and customer security. It says that all of the user’s data will remain private and be used by Siri only to make the personalization of the user’s life better and nothing else.
As for if you should use Siri Suggestions are entirely up to you and you should decide whether you are alright with Siri using your data to personalize itself for you. If you wish to use Siri Suggestions it’s good because it will save you a lot of time and you can experience the true Artificial Intelligence experience. Siri is designed to protect and help you with the information it collects but if you don’t want to do it, it is ok too. It is your data and is up to you how much you want to share it with Siri.
How to delete Siri suggestions
Our main topic is how to delete Siri suggestions, but unfortunately, there is no way to do this, we can only follow some tips and tricks to avoid such situations. We hope that this feature may be enabled in the upcoming iPhone 15 pro.
Tip1: Don’t Suggest
You can delete undesirable apps emerging on Siri Suggestions widget, just press and hold it. Then you will fetch a popup menu Don’t Suggest. Tap on it and confirm, you won’t notice the app on Siri Suggestions further. This is not a way to delete Siri suggestions for that app, but it works as a hack for you.
Tip2: disable Siri Suggestions
This is the second hack on how to delete Siri suggestions, You can disable or turn Siri suggestions off. So we are going to learn in deep about this.
How to disable Siri Suggestions in iOS 15.
Now that you know what Siri Suggestions is and how it is helpful to you, let us see how we can stop Siri from using our data to personalize itself and disable it from giving Siri Suggestions. This is for you if you are not interested in receiving any instructions and suggestions from your assistant on your iPhone. Follow the steps given below to disable Siri Suggestions in iOS 15:
- Open the Settings app from the home screen of your iPhone.
- Scroll down to the “Siri and Search” tab and click on it.
- Go to the “Content from Apple” section, you will find the two toggles.
- Disable “Show in Look Up”
- Disable “Show in Spotlight”
- Go to the “Suggestions from Apple” section, you will find the four toggles.
- Firstly, Disable “Allow Notifications”
- Secondly, Disable “Show in App Library and Spotlight”
- Thirdly, Disable “Show when Sharing”
- Fourthly, Disable “Show when Listening”
Following these steps will lead to successfully disabling Siri Suggestions from your iPhone in iOS 15.
How to disable Siri Suggestions in iOS 12 to iOS 14.
The steps of disabling Siri Suggestions vary a bit from the latest version and have to be taken care of in a different fashion in settings. Follow the steps given below to disable Siri Suggestions in iOS 12 to iOS 14:
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Swipe down to the “Siri and Search” tab and select it.
- Scroll down to the “Siri Suggestions” section.
- Disable “Suggestions in Search”
- Also, Disable “Suggestions in Look Up”
- Disable “Suggestions in Lock Screen”
By following these steps, you will successfully be able to disable Siri Suggestions from your iPhone in iOS 12 to 14.
How to disable Siri Suggestions in individual apps.
So, you see the benefits of using Siri Suggestions and wish to use it but do not want certain apps to be able to be in the suggested apps and stop specific apps from getting into the suggestions. Apple has given the users freedom to choose from which apps they want the data to get personalized and available.
This feature is very useful as you can enjoy the personalization of Siri Suggestions without stressing about your favorite apps to give out personal data. Let’s see the steps to disable Siri Suggestions in individual apps:
- Navigate to the Settings app on your iPhone’s home screen.
- Swipe down to the “Siri and Search” tab and press on it.
- Scroll down to find the list of all apps that are available for Siri’s suggestions.
- Select the app that you wish to be disabled from your Siri suggestions.
- In the app’s menu, disable “Learn from this app”. This will stop the app data to be taken.
- Go to the “Suggestions” section, you will find the three toggles.
- Disable “Show on Home Screen”.
- Plus, Disable “Suggest App”.
- Disable “Suggestion Notification”.
- Your app will be removed from Siri Suggestion.
With this, you can finally stop individual apps from occurring in Siri suggestions. Do this for all the apps that you wish to be kept private or that you don’t want in your daily suggestions.
How to disable Siri Suggestions learning from App Clips.
An App clip is a miniature, lightweight version of any application that performs the same task as the main app. Many of the time we use App clips on our phones without us even knowing, for example in online payments we use payment app clips and other gateways to process the payment.
We do not install the full application. Some of the Siri Suggestions take information from these app clips and present them to us to stop this from happening you can disable Siri suggestions for using app clips. Let us see the steps to disable Siri suggestions learning from app clips
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone’s home screen.
- Scroll down to the “Siri and Search” tab and select it.
- Swipe down to find the list of all apps that are available for Siri suggestions.
- In the first of the list, you will find the “App Clip” tab. Click on it.
- In the App Clip menu, disable “Learn from App Clips”.
This will stop data from the App clips to be stored and used by Siri Suggestions. Siri will not be able to use any data from App clips and will not learn from them.
Disable Siri Suggestions learning from Location Services.
One of the most important things that come to privacy is where you are at a current point in time. Why should anyone know where you are? Unless you want them to. Let alone Apple should not know, your current location at all times.
To be honest, giving Siri location services might be helpful in case of phone theft and tracking, but that is a risk that is up to you to take. Siri can use location services and suggest you good visiting places or restaurants and bar as per your preference. It might even come in handy when you are traveling and do not know your surroundings, but if you want to disable that it is perfectly natural. Let us see the steps to disable Siri Suggestions learning from the Location Services:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Find the “Privacy” tab and select it.
- Click on the first tab that is of “Location Services”.
- Scroll down to the bottom to find the “System Services” tab. Click on it.
- Find the “Location-based Suggestions” toggle and disable it.
Now your Siri Suggestions will not display or learn from the Location Services.
I hope you understand how to secure your privacy and take control of the data that is taken from you. We must manage our data and learn how to avoid giving our private data to big companies without us having those intentions. With this article, I hope you now understand how to delete siri suggestions from your iPhone. Feel free to check out the Frequently asked questions that we have listed below to gain more insight on the topic.
A.01) No, not at the surface level. Apple claims that all the data that is stored by Siri is encrypted and not stored in any Apple servers.
A.02) Yes, we can use the Siri Suggestions as a widget and also can use them for Siri Shortcuts.