Personalizing our iPhone is what makes it unique. From setting our favorite photo as the wallpaper to customizing the apps list, everything we do on our iPhone is personalization. But what happens if we forget our Apple ID password? No worries, we’ve got you covered. In this guide, we will take you through the step-by-step process to find your forgotten Apple ID password.
Your Apple ID not only gives you access to your iPhone but also to all other Apple devices. It is the bridge between multiple Apple devices. You can enter the same Apple ID into your Mac, iPad, iPod, or any other Apple device to get immediate access to your content and apps. This is the way you make your way through and navigate through the Apple ecosystem. This is your vehicle to explore through your apple world.
It is very important to carry the keys to this vehicle. These keys are your Apple ID’s password. Your Apple ID is just able to access by the use of this password, which can be effectively used to login into your Apple devices and connect them.
Multiple apps use your Apple ID to give you access to your content. Essential apps like the App Store and iCloud do not allow you to use their features until you have logged in with your Apple ID. But what if you have lost your Apple ID? It would be a dire situation because the Apple ID holds a very important role in the usage of your iPhone. You need an Apple ID for almost any function of the iPhone.
Method to find my Apple ID password
If you’re struggling to remember your password, don’t fret. There are several methods you can use depending on your circumstances. We’ll walk you through each one step by step, so you can choose the approach that suits you best.
Via resetting my password from my own iPhone
If you’ve forgotten your Apple ID password and are using an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, don’t worry. You can easily change your password by following these steps:
- Find the Settings app on your home screen.
- At the top of the Settings menu, you’ll see your profile picture and Apple ID name. Tap on it.
- Your Apple ID profile will open up. Look for the “Password & Security” tab and tap on it.
- Inside the “Password & Security” tab, you’ll see a blue button labeled “Change Password.” Tap on it.
- You’ll be prompted to enter your device’s passcode or password. Type it in.
- The “Change Password” menu will appear. You’ll see two entry fields labeled “New” and “Verify.” Enter your new 8-digit password in both fields.
- Tap the “Change” button above to confirm your new password.
It’s important to have a strong password to protect your Apple ID, which is the gateway to all your personal data and content on your Apple devices. By following these simple steps, you can easily reset your Apple ID password and keep your devices secure.
Via reset your password from your Mac
If you have forgotten your Apple ID password and it is logged in to your MacOS Catalina or later, don’t worry, it’s easy to change it. Follow these simple steps:
- Open the Apple menu from your Mac.
- Click on System Preferences.
- Click on Apple ID at the top of the System Preferences screen.
- In the Apple ID profile, click on the “Password & Security” tab.
- Click on the “Change Password” button.
- Enter your Mac password and click “OK”.
- Fill in the “New” and “Verify” fields with a strong 8-digit password.
- Click on the “Change” button to update your password.
It’s important to note that your Apple ID should be logged in to the device you are using and you should know the device’s password. If you are using an earlier version of macOS, you can find the “Password & Security” tab in the iCloud > Account Details > Security button.
By following these steps, you can easily change your Apple ID password and regain access to your account.
Via reset your password by using trusted recoveries
Having backup recoveries for your Apple ID is crucial in case you forget your password. Trusted recovery tools like phone numbers, emails, recovery keys, or contacts can help you easily regain access to your account. Use them when logging in or when clicking the “forgot my password” button. You can even transfer your data to a new device using the recovery key on your iPhone.
By Resetting your password using Apple’s iForgot Website.
If you don’t have a Mac or any device logged in to your Apple ID, use Apple’s iForgot website. Follow these steps:
- Open your browser and go to iForgot.com.
- Enter your Apple ID and confirm your phone number.
- Follow the guidelines to set up your password on your iPhone.
- If you don’t have access to the phone number, choose from other options.
- You can reset your password from a new iPhone, use someone else’s iPhone, or go to an Apple Store.
With these steps, you can reset your Apple ID password using iForgot website.
How to reset your password from someone else’s iPhone?
Did you know you don’t necessarily need your iPhone to reset your Apple ID’s password? If you have a friend or family member who is willing to lend you their iPhone, you can easily change your password using their device. Alternatively, you can also visit an Apple Store and use one of their devices. Here’s how to change your Apple ID password using someone else’s iPhone:
By using the Apple Support App:
If you don’t have access to your iPhone, you can use someone else’s iPhone to reset your Apple ID password. Install the Apple Support app on their device and follow these steps:
- Open the Apple Support app.
- Find the “Password and security” tab and open it.
- Click on “Reset Apple ID.”
- Click on “Get Started.”
- Choose a different Apple ID and hit continue.
- Enter the Apple ID that needs a password reset and hit next.
- Follow the instructions until you reach the “Reset your password” page and find your Apple ID password.
By using the Find my iPhone App:
You don’t need to worry if you can’t download the Apple Support app. You can use the Find my iPhone app already installed on every iPhone. Here’s how you can reset your Apple ID password:
- Open the Find my iPhone app.
- Clear the field on the Sign In screen.
- Click the “Forgot Apple ID or password” button.
- Follow the prompts until you reach the password reset page.
- Create a strong 8-digit password and reset it.
By following these steps, you can easily change your Apple ID password using someone else’s iPhone.
To avoid similar password-related problems in the future, it is advisable to save the password in a password manager or save a recovery key. You can also check the FAQs below for more solutions on how to find your Apple ID password.
A recovery key is a backup recovery code that you can type in a website like iForgot.com to recover your password.
Yes, it is a key basic recovery, you can get the option to use in iFogot.com.