Privacy is how Apple makes its brand name. iPhones are designed to have the best security features other than any other mobile phone. If you own an iPhone, you must already know this. iOS is specifically designed to make sure the user has his data protected. It has multiple features supporting this fact. Some of the best of which is the protection of iMessage. Have you ever wondered How to hide text messages on iPhone?
iPhones have their messaging app for online chatting with friends and family. It is built in the very own system of the messages app. This helps you to send text messages and iMessages depending on the situation you are in. If you have internet connectivity, then you can send messages to your contacts. If you don’t then you can always send them regular text messages from your iPhone.
But isn’t it annoying when people tend to peek over to watch your messages? If you leave your iPhone lying around there is a fine chance of people taking a look at it. Can you stop that from happening? Well, no they are people after all. With this however, hiding text messages on your iPhone will be easy.
This will help you in making sure that all the messages that you receive are hidden from the peekers and onlookers. In this article, we will discuss the topic of How to hide text messages on iPhone in detail. The best ways of keeping any text hidden. Let us see the details. Before that see our tutorial on “Can You Add Someone To A Group Text Message On iPhone“
Can you hide text messages on your iPhone?
Two distinct types of messages are available on the iPhone. One is the normal text messages that you can use to send messages with the mobile networks. The other is the iMessages which we use to send chats and multimedia content. You will be able to hide text and delete them with ease. This will allow you to get all your data protected.
But, it will be a one-time method as you will not be able to receive those deleted messages. It is useful for those who cannot afford to lose this data or let anybody see the messages. For this case, you will have to delete those messages. This will help you in answering the question of How to hide text messages on iPhone. Following are the steps that you can use to delete both text and iMessages from your iPhone:
- Open the iMessage app from the home screen of your iPhone.
- Go down to find the chat that is needed to have the messages be deleted. A search bar is also provided if you want to use it.
- Inside the Chat thread, hold the messages that you need to be deleted.
- A pop-up window will appear giving you a list of options to choose from. Press the more tab.
- Select the messages that are needed. Finish the checklist.
- Click on the delete icon given below and confirm your deletion.
This is how to hide text messages on iPhone by deleting them. You can use this to make sure you don’t have someone watching over your phone. This will hide your messages permanently.
Methods to hide text messages on iPhone
Sometimes it is not always viable to delete your messages just to stop others from peeking. But do not worry, there are methods you can use to hide your messages from the people who try to look at your phone. Using these methods will help you get the best results all around the place and get the purpose of hiding your apps. There are multiple methods to hide text messages on iPhone and we will explore all of them. Let us see a few methods of How to hide text messages on the iPhone:
Method 1: Hiding lock screen preview.
This is a very simple and easy method of hiding your messages from onlookers. This will help you from getting fewer people to read from the lock screen of your iPhone. The lock screen has the feature of showing all the messages that you receive at the current time and place. This will help you in hiding all the new messages that you get from appearing on the lock screen. Let us see how you can use this method. Here are the steps for hiding messages from the lock screen preview on iPhone:
- Go to the Settings App of your iPhone.
- Find the Messages tab in the settings menu. It will be given below the Phone tab. You can also find the Messages tab from the search bar given above in the settings menu.
- In the Messages tab, you will find a tab in a red color called the “Notifications” tab. Click on it.
- Inside the Notifications menu, you will find three iPhones from which select the Lock screen. Uncheck the Lock screen iPhone option.
- Click on the “Show Previews” tab.
- Set the Show Previews section to Never.
This will give you the solution of How to hide text messages on the iPhone. You can use this to very easily hide your messages from appearing on the lock screen. This will be particularly helpful if you have a habit of leaving your iPhone lying around.
Method 2: Hiding message Notifications.
This method will give you the strongest option of hiding the messages without deleting them. You can use this to stop the messages to appear in the Notifications menu. This could be difficult if your phone is unlocked and is in someone else’s hand. You can use this method to make sure no private messages appear in the notifications. You can check your messages later in the Messages app. Let us see how you can use this method. Here are the steps for hiding messages from the Notifications of your iPhone:
- Click on the Settings App of your iPhone.
- Open the Messages tab in the settings menu. You can find it given below the Phone tab. Use the search bar given above in the settings menu to find the Messages tab faster.
- Inside the Messages tab, click on the tab called “Notifications”.
- You will find three iPhones each representing the different places where your messages can appear. Click and uncheck the “Notification Centre” and “Banners” options.
The following will answer the question of How to hide text messages on the iPhone. Use this to very easily hide your messages from appearing on the Notifications of your iPhone. It will be helpful if you want to receive the messages quietly and discreetly. You will no longer get messages in the alerts.
Method 3: Removing message history.
Use this method if you are annoyed by people getting into your iPhone’s messages app. Sometimes it is simply not possible to make deletions manually. You may not find time to delete all the messages one by one of all the chats in your messages app. What could you do in this instance? Well, the simple answer is to remove the message history. You can set the message history of your iPhone to automatically remove messages in a certain time frame. Use this method if you are annoyed by manually deleting the messages. Here are the steps for hiding by removing the message history of your iPhone:
- Go to Settings from the home screen of your iPhone.
- Scroll down to find the Messages tab in the settings menu. You can also use the search bar to find it faster.
- Inside the Messages tab, under the Message History section. Click on the tab called “Keep Messages”.
- Select the option that is suitable for you. We recommend deleting the message history in 30 days.
This will answer the question of How to hide text messages on the iPhone. Using you will be able to very easily hide your messages by deleting the message history of your iPhone. With this, you will be able to delete messages automatically instead of doing them manually.
Method 4: Sending Invisible Messages.
This is a method that is getting widely popular as we speak. It is a feature in the iOS 10 update which allows iPhone users to send invisible messages. You can send invisible messages which can only be perceived by the receiver of the message. This is only available in the iMessage and not in the normal messages as an option. Use this to make sure that all the messages are in a bubble or gift wrapped. This is an animated format that allows the user who opens it to get the message.
This is to hide the sent message from other people who might be looking at the iPhone. It is very popular and useful to hide text messages on iMessage. Here are the steps for hiding messages by sending them as invisible messages on your iPhone:
- Go to the iMessage app from the home screen of your iPhone.
- Swipe down to find the chat you need to have the messages be sent as an invisible message.
- Inside the Message thread, type your message.
- Long press on the blue arrow to send the message.
- A screen will be shown where you can select different methods of sending your invisible message. You can select from options like SLAM, LOUD, GENTLE, or send as INVISIBLE INK.
- Select anyone you want. We recommend INVISIBLE INK as it is the best.
- Click on the blue arrow to send the message.
Finally answering the question of How to hide text messages on the iPhone using invisible ink. With this, you can send encrypted messages which will only be shown to the receiver of the messages. Use this to avoid the hassle of deleting your precious messages.
In the end, we would like to make sure that you are clear about the topic of How to hide text messages on iPhone? It is very annoying when people try to see through other people’s private messages. This is an article describing to you all the options you can use to hide the text messages on your personal iPhone. Using these options and following these steps will help you in getting your iPhone in a more secure position.
Follow the above-given methods and see which one works for your situation. If you find more problems and are having difficulty hiding your text messages. Check out the Frequently asked questions (FAQs) that we have listed below. We hope you can find decent insight into them.
A.01) Yes there are a decent number of other third-party apps which you can use to hide your messages. If you require the best privacy for your messages there are apps available that can help you in doing just that. Some of these apps are Wire Private messenger or Any talk app. These are available on the App Store for free to download.
A.02) Yes, you can use Message forwarding to hide your messages in a very discreet way. Channeling all your important messages to your Mac or other Apple devices.