Do you have an apple watch for a while? Is its battery draining way faster than it should? Are you baffled while thinking why is my Apple watch dying so fast way before my expectations? Shocked to see its high discharge rate even if your use is minimal? Well, it may be due to a lot of reasons. Here, we will discuss all those reasons. And also clear away your confusion and doubts if any.
Well, it may not be wrong to say that audience have got a knack for apple products. And apple watches are one of its many products. We use it due to its highly tech-oriented features optimal for the customers. Or, an unmatched user experience. Or, maybe it’s cutting-edge products. But, anyone who loves them would also think twice before spending a lot. Because of its high price. It ranges from $399 to even $115,000. Well, as it seems, it is not affordable to all. Still, if we are buying it, it shows our passion for this head-turner product. Thus, we would want our watch to be user-friendly. And in this case, battery-life friendly.
Whenever there is any kind of cell or battery included in a device, its durability becomes a major factor. Most people often have complaints and issues regarding it. Not for its battery life but for its discharging rate. No one wants to pay a sky-high price for a device and sit there to charge it all day long. Therefore, here is a list of reasons which may be the cause why your apple watch is dying so fast?
- 1 About Apple Watch:
- 2 Why is the Apple Watch battery dying so fast?
- 2.1 Pairing issue between your iPhone and Apple Watch
- 2.2 A longer wake screen
- 2.3 Screen waking on Wrist Raise
- 2.4 Always on Display
- 2.5 High Screen Brightness
- 2.6 Workout apps running in the background
- 2.7 Push notifications
- 2.8 Background App Refresh
- 2.9 Enhanced Motion
- 2.10 Personal Assistant- ”Hey Siri”
About Apple Watch:
Apple watches have currently series 7 available in the market. Those include all features you could and even could not expect from a watch. From monitoring your heart rate, your calories, and your biometrics to of course time. It’s the best watch available if you ought to achieve your fitness goals. They are also swim-proof, crack and dust resistant, and have an overall durable body. They can even track sleep, check your ECG score, and also send an emergency SOS. And the latter comes in very handy in certain situations. But, along with all the features, it has a low battery life of 18 hours. This means you need to charge it within 18 hours to continue its usage. And while actual usage it’s even lower. That implies you need to charge it every day.
Why is the Apple Watch battery dying so fast?
Pairing issue between your iPhone and Apple Watch
The first thing to focus on is that your iPhone and Apple Watch are paired properly. Because if it isn’t, the battery drains faster. As the Apple Watch will have many issues.
To overcome this, you can re-pair them again. And for that, you can do the following:
- Step 1: Open the “Watch” app.
- Step 2: Select the “My Watch” option.
- Step 3: Select your device.
- Step 4: Click on the “i” icon.
- Step 5: Tap “Unpair Apple Watch” if it is paired already.
- Step 6: Now, tap on the device name to pair it again.
During this process, make sure that your Bluetooth is on. As soon as the watch gets paired you’ll get a notification on your iPhone. And if not, then you can again tap on “start pairing” to pair again.
A longer wake screen
Generally, all apple watches have a wake screen feature available. It activates when you lift your wrist to see the time. It is managed by your iPhone. When you raise your wrist, it suddenly wakes your apple watch screen. If you have a higher duration wake screen e.g., 70 seconds, it will drain the battery faster. You could change the duration to 15 seconds.
- Step 1: You can do this with these simple steps:
- Step 2: Open the ‘Watch’ app on your iPhone.
- Step 3: Select the “My Watch” option.
- Step 4: Click on “General”.
- Step 5: Select “Wake screen”.
- Step 6: From the pop-up, click on “Wake for 15 seconds” if it isn’t already on.
Screen waking on Wrist Raise
We know that it’s utterly convenient not having to turn on the display and watch the time. When you can just raise your wrist and the screen wakes up automatically. But this reason is big enough as to ‘why your apple watch battery is dying so fast.’
Every time you wake your screen up by raising your wrist, it drains your battery. Thus, it is better to disable this option. And this is how you can do it:
- Step 1: Open the “Watch” app on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Click on the “My Watch” option.
- Step 3: Select “General” and then tap on “Wake Screen”.
- Step 4: Disable the option of “Wake Screen on Wrist Raise”.
Always on Display
Since the Series 5 Apple Watch, this feature of ‘Always on Display’ was provided. Well and here we are with series 7 having better ‘Always on Display’ wallpapers and User Interface. When you are struggling with your low battery life, you must agree that the “Always on Display” feature is a boon. As your watch’s battery will always be on working mode with this feature, draining its battery even more.
Well, there is an option to disable it too, and here’s how you could do it:
- Step 1: Click on the Settings options on your Apple Watch.
- Step 2: Click on “Display & Brightness”.
- Step 3: Select “Always on”.
- Step 4: Turn the feature off there.
High Screen Brightness
Be it any kind of electronic device. If it has a display then its brightness is also a factor affecting your battery life. Similarly, if your Apple Watch has a high screen brightness, it may be a reason for your battery dying so fast. Well, if it is very high as per your eyes, you can decrease the level through the following:
- Step 1: Open the Settings option on your Apple Watch.
- Step 2: Click on “Display & Brightness”.
- Step 3: Tap on the Brightness icon and reduce it.
Workout apps running in the background
One of the best features included in the Apple Watch is its workout mode. When you are working high on your body, you would like to switch this mode on. But the con of this mode is that sometimes it runs in the background even if we aren’t working out. Also, it is responsible for measuring your heart rate continuously. And if it runs when you are not exercising, it may run at higher power than required. All these reasons may be responsible for why your Apple Watch battery is dying so fast? To avoid this thing, you need to right-swipe the screen to enable the “End” option to end this mode manually.
Your Apple Watch is very customized when it comes to the kind of notifications it sends. But sending a lot or almost all the notifications to your Apple Watch will result in your battery draining very fast. You only need to enable very important notifications only.
You can manage the push notifications by the following:
- Step 1: Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Within the “My Watch” tab, go to “Notifications”.
- Step 3: It will show a list of apps for which the push notifications are on. They are able to send notifications to your Apple Watch. You can switch some off and keep the important ones intact.
- Step 4: Tap on the apps for which you want to switch off the notifications.
- Step 5: Select “Custom” to tune the notifications according to you.
Now that you have turned off push notifications. This will prevent your iPhone from sending all kinds of useless notifications to your Apple watch. Thereby, saving your battery from dying so fast.
Background App Refresh
This is the case with even many smartphones. That the apps which we aren’t even using are running in the background. You may have opened them some time back. But we don’t want to run in the background. Especially when it drains out Apple Watch so fast. This feature actually makes sure that your Watch has access to the latest data fed by all the apps. This is due to the fact that your Watch needs all the current data to keep running properly. This is a major reason why your battery is dying faster. Not only for your watch but also for your iPhone.
Fortunately, you can turn this feature off too. Or, can even keep it on for some apps as per your choice. You can do this by:
- Step 1: Go to the “My Watch” option in the Watch app.
- Step 2: Select “General”.
- Step 3: Click on “Background App Refresh”.
- Step 4: You can now turn this feature off completely. Or, can keep it on for certain apps to run in the background.
Your Apple Watch has this Motion feature which controls all the graphics, animations, and effects. These motions include effects while changing apps or opening Menu. Though these motions don’t make your battery drain much yet better to turn it off.
You can turn this feature off by :
- Step 1: Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Go to the “My watch” option and tap “General”.
- Step 3: Select “Accessibility”.
- Step 4: Click on “Reduce Motion”.
- Step 5: Turn this “Reduce Motion” feature on by swiping right over the button.
Personal Assistant- ”Hey Siri”
Siri is a highly customized and user-friendly personal assistant. It is always ready for you to call out to her and do your job. Although it’s a cool feature, this assistant is responsible majorly for” why your Apple Watch battery is dying so fast.” As it’s an on-command assistant and it needs your microphone to be on all the time. Thus, clearly stating an other reason why your battery drains. It is advised to turn Siri off to avoid your battery dying so fast.
To do this, you can follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Open the Settings Menu on your Apple Watch.
- Step 2: Click on “Siri”.
- Step 3: Toggle off the first option from the drop-down menu. That is the ‘Listen for “Hey Siri” option.
This will disable the mic to be on all the time in the background even if we are not calling out for Siri.
So, these were some possible reasons for ‘why is your Apple watch dying so fast?’
Well, we also discussed all those reasons and their solutions side by side. Such that soon after acknowledging the issue, you could rectify it. But if you tried all those steps and still can’t get a better battery life out for your Apple Watch. Then you could surely follow these steps:
- Update your WatchOS: There could be many software glitches that can drain your battery life. To resolve this issue, you could just update the software running on your Apple Watch. This may help in installing better resolutions and updating your battery’s life.
To update the software OS you can follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Open your Watch Settings and go to “General”.
- Step 2: Select “Software Update”.
- Step 3: Tap “install” only if an OS update is available.
Make sure that your data or Wi-Fi is on during this process. If this doesn’t work then probably you have the latest software running.
Read Also: How To Get Liquid Out of Charging Port? – 3 Best Way to Save
- Contact Customer Service/Apple Support
This is the last option available if you want to know “why my Apple Watch is dying so fast?” Your Watch may have a hardware issue. In that case, you need to contact Apple Support as soon as you can. You can contact them online or take your Watch to an Apple Store.
That’s it, these were the probable causes and some solutions on why your Apple Watch Battery is dying so fast?
Well, if you have looked over all the reasons and still didn’t find any that suits you. Then the reason is probably you. As you could be using your Apple Watch very extensively and aggressively.
- You could be charging it less and using it more.
- You must be using it for all those day-to-day purposes rather than your iPhone. Maybe due to laziness.
- All the general display settings could be set very high than required.
- Make sure you are not using any unofficial accessories.
- Do not keep the device in harsh conditions.
- You could be charging it recklessly. And sometimes aggressive pulling and pushing of the charging cable may result in battery damage.
There are a lot of reasons that can be reduced by your end too. Only if you want to use your Apple watch efficiently and do not want its battery to die faster.