Nowadays, every individual saves all of their contacts’ phone numbers on their phone, so they don’t realize how important and necessary it is to remember phone numbers, including their own. Despite their best efforts, people occasionally forget their phone number because they don’t use it that often. A phone number includes a lot of digits making it quite hard to remember easily. Even in the majority of cases, it is observed that even friends and family barely recall your phone number, as they tend to favor keeping your phone number on record.
Considering that 27.6% of people don’t know their emergency contacts by memory, memorizing them is rare. And over half, i.e., 45% of people, don’t accept that this is a problem. However, these days we rely on OTPs for most of our services, so knowing our phone number is very important. It is extremely simple to tackle this issue, and you can pick the most sensible approach. Android includes a variety of in-built tools for verifying your cell phone number. In this article, we’ll go through several tips and strategies for finding out what your phone number is on your Android device.
- 1 Where is Your Phone Number Used?
- 2 Different Methods to Find Out Your Phone Number
- 2.1 Method 1: By Using Phone Settings
- 2.2 Method 2: Dialing a Unique USSD Code
- 2.3 Method 3: Call the Customer Care
- 2.4 Method 4: By Calling a Friend or a Relative
- 2.5 Method 5: Using Contact App
- 2.6 Method 6: Visit a Nearby Network Provider Store
- 2.7 Method 7: Check the Cover of Your Sim Card
- 2.8 Method 8: Using a Phone Number Detector App
- 3 Can You Get A Call From Your Own Number?
- 4 Conclusion
- 5 FAQ
Where is Your Phone Number Used?
You frequently use your cellphone number in so many places. You rely on it to sign up for various websites and services, and occasionally you also use it to login into a mobile app or game. If you sometimes don’t remember your password, you can recover your profile using your mobile number. Additionally, you need it for two-factor authentication when logging into your accounts for security reasons.
Different Methods to Find Out Your Phone Number
Method 1: By Using Phone Settings
- Open the Settings app on your device, which can be found in the app drawer list. It has a gear-shaped icon.
- Choose “About phone” by scrolling down. On this screen, the phone number can be seen in some Android versions. Otherwise, move on to step 3.
- After you click on the SIM card status, you will see your phone number displayed under “Phone number.”
- Sometimes, you may need to execute an extra step on a few devices. Status and then SIM card status may be part of this stage. Here, under “Phone number,” you can find your phone number.
Method 2: Dialing a Unique USSD Code
Dialing a special code known as a USSD code is another easy, quick, and widely used way to get your contact information on Android. The relevant network providing service will provide the USSD code so that you can find out your mobile number. To find out your mobile number, you can dial a special code from your phone. It differs depending on the service provider. The best and most amazing part of this method is that it is completely free. By performing a quick Google search, you may find the USSD code of the network you use to verify phone numbers. Even better, give your network provider a call if you have any questions, especially if you have a flip phone or are unable to access the internet.
Method 3: Call the Customer Care
You can also call the customer service department and get your contact information. Whenever you call customer service, your mobile number and other related datas are visible on their computer screens. But sometimes, such as when you contact your customer support number from your landline, this is not always the case. It would be a wise idea to jot down your SIM card number in case you dont recall when the customer service asks for it.
Method 4: By Calling a Friend or a Relative
In case you don’t want to use a USSD code, you can approach a family member or friend for your contact details. This approach has been utilized for several years. As soon as you call a friend or member of your family, your number will show up on their phone. Even when your friend or relative is not available at that moment, you can still use this strategy. Simply request an SMS with your phone number in it from them. However, this approach has a major weakness. In case you urgently want to use your phone number and your buddy doesn’t answer right away, it might cause a bit of inconvenience.
Method 5: Using Contact App
You might finally get to see your mobile number in the Contacts application of Android smartphones. Depending on the manufacturer or device version, the contact name may be displayed at the beginning of the phone contacts in certain Android phones as “This Phone’s Number” or “ME”
Method 6: Visit a Nearby Network Provider Store
If any of the ways mentioned above to find your phone number are not successful, go to the store of your service provider. They put the requirements of their clients before anything else and find delight in assisting them. By finding your contact information, they can fix your issue. However, this only makes sense if you have another reason to visit the phone provider’s store because it takes a lot of time.
Method 7: Check the Cover of Your Sim Card
If you are not sure what your mobile number is, you can also check the packet cover of your SIM card. Even if you don’t have the original packing, you can remove the card from your device and confirm if the number is written on it
Method 8: Using a Phone Number Detector App
Several Android apps can verify contact information. On your cellphone, download and run any reliable app to check your mobile number. It is advised to pick a trustworthy app that protects your privacy because such an app can disclose personal credentials.
Can You Get A Call From Your Own Number?
In brief, the answer will be yes. It could be unexpected to see your phone number appear as an incoming call on your phone. The Federal Trade Commission has issued a warning that some automated calls and fraudsters have advanced the practice of number spoofing by calling with your number in the belief that you will pick it up. Since nobody will block their number, they have resorted to this technique to also get around the number blocks. If you get an incoming call that has your number on it, don’t respond to it because it’s someone trying to scam you.
How Can You Know if Your Phone is Hacked?
Any technique that enables unlawful access to your smartphone or its interactions is considered phone hacking. This may involve complex security problems or just plain eavesdropping on unprotected broadband connections. It’s possible that your phone number has already been hacked if you receive calls from individuals reporting that your number appears on their incoming calls. Any of these following situations might indicate that your device has been hacked:
- Your smartphone rapidly loses power. Malicious software can be employed by malware and counterfeit apps, which can consume a significant amount of energy.
- You find strange messages or contacts in your call logs. Your cellphone might be getting breached by hackers using some SMS malware. Alternatively, they might be pretending to be you to steal private information from your friends and family. Both methods leave a trace, like outgoing mail, so keep a watch out.
- Your phone is operating unusually slowly. A hacked phone may be providing the hacker’s suspicious apps complete access to its own functions. Your device might become very slow as a consequence. Signs can occasionally include abrupt restarts, glitches, and freezing.
- With your other internet accounts, you will see unusual activity. A hacker after gaining access to your smartphone will try to be in control of your important accounts. For password recovery requests, odd login sites, or account opening signup confirmations, verify your social networks and email.
How to Avoid Your Phone From Being Hacked Again?
- Avoid downloading suspicious or questionable programs. If you are not certain, do some research and go through some reviews before downloading. Installing an app is never a good idea when you are not sure of its security.
- Do not jailbreak your smartphone. While ethical hacking gives you the permission access unlicensed app stores, it also raises the likelihood of you being hacked. Besides viruses or malware, this shows you won’t get the most latest OS upgrades’ security updates. They are mostly skipped by hackers to keep the hack operational. The probability of you being hacked is now more as a result.
- Use strong passwords at all times. Keep PINs that are not easy to guess, such as of things related to you, or simple ones like “1111” or “4321.” If there is a longer password available, like one with five characters, then keep it. Never make use of the exact password more than one time.
- Always keep your smartphone near you. The easiest way for a scammer to harm your phone is by accessing it physically. Your phone might be damaged by stealing one day’s worth of work. A scammer will have to work comparatively harder to reach your smartphone when you are carrying it with you.
- Never use a free and unsecured wifi network in the absence of a virtual private network. Your information is encrypted and anonymized using tools like Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection so that only authorized users may access it.
- Passwords shouldn’t be saved on your phone. It can be challenging to memorize complex passwords for each account. Therefore, you can use a safe and secure password-managing app such as Kaspersky Password Manager. These facilities let you keep all your passcodes and other private data in a digital safe, providing you with all the satisfaction and privacy you want.
- You should regularly delete your web history. From all the traces left in your internet history, it may be easy to create a picture of patterns of your lifestyle. Erase your cookies and storage and every other thing.
The mobile number is frequently used to gain access to a variety of online services, such as gaming, software, blogging, or media sources. Android phone numbers are also frequently used to configure security settings for Google accounts, social media accounts, email addresses, unlocked phones, etc. In other words, for just about everything, from placing meals to exchanging company information. By looking into recent phone activities, you will easily be able to discover the number assigned to it.
It can be very annoying to have a cellphone and not know its number, but this small issue can be fixed very immediately. You can quickly determine the number by using one of the methods mentioned above, according to your specific situation. Once you’ve obtained the number, remember to jot it down or take a picture of it so that you won’t have to keep repeating the process. After you understand where to look, since finding your mobile number is not that difficult, you can easily assist others in finding their numbers by following a few simple steps.
You can implement an additional security code to your mobile phone account in the same way that you can add two-factor authentication to your internet accounts. You can do it either by calling up customer services or doing it online by yourself. To make sure that only you, who is the account holder, can perform any kind of changes to the account you can urge customer care to set a backup password on your phone account.
If worst comes to worst and a fraudster obtains your mobile number, you can opt for the following:
Notify your service provider of the issue straight away.
If necessary, request them to temporarily block your line to prevent hackers from using your contact.
To alert your friends or family that your phone might have been hacked, get in contact with those you trust.
You should keep track of the dates and keep a written record of all the actions you’ve performed and people you’ve connected with in case you end up being held accountable for any offenses that might have been committed through your phone number.
If your phone was misplaced or stolen, then file a police report.
To prevent even more of your information from being exposed, change your contact details instantly on all respective accounts.