Want to record your favorite moments on your iPhone? Want to record a problem that has been occurring on your iPhone and send it to your friends? Click to find out the step-by-step guide on How to add screen record on iPhone.
Our phones are so advanced, they are equipped with many cool features and tools. Most of us don’t even know how to use half of the tools that are provided to us by the developers. We tend to get confused about how will we know how to use the iPhone. We usually tend to our friends who are more experienced in knowing these features and want to show them our problems.
But it is not always possible for us to physically be able to show our problems to them. Even if we call them and tell them about our problems, they might get confused and troubled to grasp the problem in our situation. This could be frustrating. Especially, if you are a newcomer and a newbie to using iPhones. Well don’t you worry, you can show your problems to your friends without being there physically.
How? You might be thinking. Well, iPhones tend to be equipped with an in-built feature called the iOS screen recorder. This is a mighty tool that can help you record any activity you do on your iPhone’s screen. Whether it be watching videos, listening to music, playing games, or casually running through the apps, it can record them all. This way you can make your own screen-recorded videos and send them to your friends with your voice-over to make them better understand the dilemmas you are suffering from. Excited? Let us see the details.
- 1 What is a screen recorder?
- 2 How to enable the screen recorder in the control center.
- 3 Precautions before Screen Recording.
- 4 How to add screen record on iPhone
- 5 How to do Screen Recording with a microphone.
- 6 How to access your Screen Recordings.
- 7 Conclusion:
- 8 FAQs:
What is a screen recorder?
A screen recorder is a piece of software available in our iPhones that allows us to record any activity on our phone’s screen and save it in a video format. It was introduced in iOS 11 and is present in all the later updates. Screen recorder lets us save videos in mp4 format in video qualities of 1080p 60fps. This is a very high-quality video recording of your screen that you might want. Obviously, any higher quality of the video will have more storage size and a normal hour-long 1080p 60fps video that has been recorded on your iPhone is of at least 1.5 GB more or less.
iPhone’s in-built screen recorder also allows the user to record his microphone’s audio while recording the screen of his phone. This is a very useful feature that allows you to give a voiceover or a generic audio clue of what you need to do or not. This will help you to give out either instruction or state your problems. As iPhone has its inbuilt screen recorder it allows the recording to also have system audio, which is a very cool feature as anything you record will have the audio as you hear it.
This means that any recorded video or shorts will have the audio recorded with it. You can use this to save any of the important YouTube videos or shorts that you like. You can also use the iPhone’s screen recorder to record your video games and record your gameplay with a 60-fps framerate.
As Apple has optimized the iPhone’s in-built screen recorder so it has a lot less computing power than other generic screen recorders in the market. You can say it is the best of the class. But in cases of some old iPhones or in when processor heavy games are recorded some heating issue is seen.
How to enable the screen recorder in the control center.
Now that you know what a screen recorder is and what it is capable of, let’s check out how to enable it on your iPhone. Firstly, you need to make sure you have your screen recorder enabled for your control center. Swipe down from the above right side of your iPhone’s screen or swipe up from the below if you are using an iPhone with a fingerprint sensor and you will open your control center.
Check from the variety of icons if an icon with a circle with a dot inside is present there or not. If it is already present then you can skip this step. But if it is not present, follow the steps given below to add the screen recorder function to your control center:
- Go to the Settings of your iPhone through the home screen. If you are having difficulty in finding the settings, then swipe your finger down from the middle of your phone’s screen, and in the search bar given above search for the Settings app.
- Scroll down to the “Control Center” tab that is given under the “General” tab.
- Swipe down to the “More Controls” menu that will be given under the “Included Controls” menu.
- Find the control with the name “Screen Recording” and click on the “+” button of green color to add the control to your control center.
- You will see the “Screen Recording” control is now added to the “Included Controls” menu.
- If you wish to remove the “Screen Recording” control anytime then you can do it from here by clicking on the “-” button of red color given beside it in the “Included Controls” menu.
- Check if your “Screen Recording” control is added to your control center.
By following these steps, you will successfully be able to add the “Screen Recording” to your control center.
Precautions before Screen Recording.
Now that you have added the screen recording control to your control center, let’s use it to record your iPhone’s screen. Remember that once you start recording, everything you do on your iPhone will be recorded, whether it be your swipes, scrolls or clicks everything will be recorded with its internal audio. It is very important to understand the purpose of your recording, if you wish to record a segment for any official purpose or to send someone else, there is a lurking chance that you might get any kind of notifications and the screen recorder will record them too.
For example, you might get a WhatsApp message from one of your friends or you might get interrupted with a call from them, all of this will be recorded by your screen recorder and might mess up with your recording. You need to make sure that when you record something there are no incoming notifications or calls that may interrupt your recording, to do so you will need to activate your phone’s “DND” mode or “Do not Disturb” mode. Let us see the steps to activate the “Do not Disturb” mode of your iPhone.
- Make sure you have the “DND mode” control in your control center. Check if a moon-shaped icon is present in the control center or not.
- If you do not find it there, then add the “DND mode” control for the control center by repeating the steps given above as you did for the “Screen recording” control.
- Go to your Control center.
- Find the moon-shaped button with the words “Focus” written on it.
- Long Press on the button and it will open a set of modes that you can set as per your preference.
- Click on the First option, the tab with the moon icon and the words “Do Not Disturb” written on it.
- This will activate the “Do not Disturb” mode and a Moon symbol will be added to your notification bar.
- Now you will not get any notifications or calls until you deactivate the “DND” mode. To deactivate it just go to your control center and click on the moon button again.
- Learn more about How to Silence Notification on iPhone?
It is also necessary that you understand that any private data like photos, videos, passwords, or financial data will also be recorded when you screen record on your iPhone, make sure you know what you are recording and double-check the recorded video to not have any data that you do not want to reveal before sending it to anyone.
How to add screen record on iPhone
Now that you know the precautions before screen recording on your iPhone, let’s finally see the steps of how we can use the Screen Recorder to record our iPhone’s activity.
- Scroll down from the above right side of your iPhone’s screen or scroll up from the below if you are using an iPhone with a fingerprint sensor to open your control center.
- Find the “Screen recording” button that is the button with the circle and dot icon inside.
- Click on it and a timer of 3 seconds will be given to you before the screen recording starts.
- After the 3 seconds, the “Screen Recording” button will turn red and your notifications bar will turn red stating that your screen is now recording. (If you have a newer iPhone then it may show a red bar at the left side of your notification’s bar instead of covering the whole bar)
- Now you are free to do anything that you want to be recorded.
- Go back to your control center and click on the red record button again to stop the recording.
- You can also use the red notifications bar to stop recording.
By following these steps, you will have recorded the video that you want on your iPhone.
How to do Screen Recording with a microphone.
Sometimes it’s necessary to provide audio cues to explain your situation or to give out instructions to someone in a screen recording. It is more convenient to use the mic of your iPhone to add a voiceover of the activity while recording rather than adding it later by editing. So, let’s see the steps of how we can use the Screen Recorder to record with the sound of our iPhone’s microphone.
- Open your control center.
- Go to the “Screen recording” button.
- Long press on the Record button to get a pop-up screen.
- Below the pop-up screen, you will find a “microphone off” button.
- Turn the button on and click on any empty space to go back to the control center.
- Click on the record button to start the recording with your microphone on.
- Now you can do any activity and say anything and it will all be recorded in the video.
With this, you should be able to successfully be able to screen record on your iPhone with your microphone on.
How to access your Screen Recordings.
Now that you have recorded your screen and have also been given a fine voiceover. You will see a notification appearing stating that your screen recording is saved to the photos. Let’s see all the things you can do to your screen recording to make it better and how to share it.
Edit your recording:
- Go to your “recent” album in your photos app.
- Click on your screen recording and tap the edit button given above.
- You can now freely edit the video, shortening its length, adding filters, making adjustments or turning its perspective, etc.
- Click on your screen recording and tap the share button given below.
- You will now get a pop-up menu with a list of apps to share the recording too.
- You can share to anyone via using messages, apps, or save to the files of your iPhone.
Delete your recording:
- Click on your screen recording and tap the delete button given below.
- Ta the delete video button.
- Also, remove the video from the recently deleted photos app.
Screen Recording is a very powerful tool to have in your iPhone and with this article, you should be able to understand everything about how to add screen record on iPhone. You can find more answers in the FAQs given below.
A.01) Yes, you can play games and record gameplay while playing. It will also record the internal audio so you can feel free to post them on social media apps or YouTube.
A.02) No, any microphone that is connected to the iPhone while recording can be used to record your voiceover.