In today’s digital age, smartphones have become an integral part of our lives, keeping us connected and informed throughout the day. Amongst the myriad of features, notifications play a crucial role in keeping us updated with important emails, text messages, app updates, and more. However, certain settings, such as “Deliver Quietly,” can unintentionally hinder our ability to stay fully aware and responsive.
This comprehensive guide aims to help iPhone users understand the feature and its implications on their notification experience. By providing step-by-step instructions on how to turn off “Deliver Quietly” and exploring the benefits and drawbacks of this setting, we empower users to tailor their notifications to suit their needs effectively.
Why Turn Off “Deliver Quietly” in iOS 11?
The “Deliver Quietly” feature in iOS 11 directs all notifications to the Notification Center without making any sound or displaying an alert. While this feature can be helpful in certain situations, it’s usually not the preferred setting for most users who want to stay updated and promptly respond to their notifications. By turning off “Deliver Quietly,” you can ensure that you receive all notifications and never miss an important message again.
How to Disable “Deliver Quietly” on Your iPhone
Adjusting Individual App Settings:
- If you see a notification on the top-right corner of your screen, you can tap on it to turn off “Deliver Quietly” for that specific app.
- Alternatively, you can disable “Deliver Quietly” for an app entirely by going to “Settings” > “Notifications” and selecting the desired app. From there, enable the “Allow Notifications” option.
Global Notification Settings:
- To disable “Deliver Quietly” globally, go to “Settings” > “Notifications” and scroll down to the “Deliver Quietly” section.
- Toggle off the “Deliver Quietly” option to ensure that all notifications generate an audible alert or display a visual notification on your screen.
Benefits of Disabling
- Avoid Missing Important Notifications: By turning off “Deliver Quietly,” you can ensure that you receive audible alerts and visual notifications for all messages and emails. This way, you won’t miss any crucial updates or urgent communication.
- Better Focus and Concentration: “Deliver Quietly” can be a useful setting when you need to minimize distractions, such as during work or when you’re trying to concentrate. However, disabling it allows you to tailor your notifications according to your preferences, enabling you to stay informed while maintaining focus.
- Lack of User Consent: When notifications are delivered quietly, users might not be aware of incoming messages, which can be problematic in certain scenarios. It can lead to missed opportunities or important information going unnoticed.
- Unexpected Channel Delivery: It can sometimes send messages through a different channel than intended, potentially causing confusion or issues for businesses or organizations. Ensuring that the feature is turned off eliminates the risk of unintended message delivery.
In conclusion, while the feature can be beneficial in specific contexts, it is often not what most users prefer. By following the simple steps outlined in this article, you can easily disable “Deliver Quietly” on your iPhone and regain control over your notifications. Stay connected and informed without missing any important updates or messages.